This course focuses on the importance of logistics in the provision of aid to disaster survivors as well as its role in carrying out other disaster and humanitarian management operational activities. It examines the design of logistics systems and the importance of coordination in carrying out logistics operations efficiently and effectively in emergency situations.
– Understand the needs of society and contribute to its resilience.
– Learn new skills including disaster risk reduction techniques and mapping, using GIS, GPS, and remote sensing techniques.
– Learn how Emergency relief is provided and explore the logistics concepts and principles that are applied in humanitarian operations.
– You will learn how to apply logistics and supply chain management to the humanitarian context by designing and managing supply chains on a strategic and operational level.
- Introduction to Disaster Management
- Humanitarian Logistics Management
- Emergencies and Relief Chain Management
- Emergency Logistics Strategies
- Emergency Measurements Performance
- Relief Material Procurement
- Medical Rescue Operations Management
- And more.
WHO CAN TAKE THIS COURSE?:
- Managers & Officers in Emergency Agencies
- Refugee Organizations
- Military & Para-Military Organizations
- Courier Companies e.t.c.
- Individuals who are interested in the subject.